Firearms|Rifles Last week, Hornady set the firearms community ablaze with the release of their new 6mm ARC round. During the release of this new 6mm round at least 20 companies […]
Last week, Hornady set the firearms community ablaze with the release of their new 6mm ARC round. During the release of this new 6mm round at least 20 companies where on board to make rifles and rifle components for the new 6mm ARC round. One of those companies mentioned was San Tan Tactical. San Tan Tactical has collaborated with Proof Research to create the STT-15 6mm ARC rifle.
The STT-15 features billeted upper and lower receivers, optimized bolt carrier group, an 18” Proof Research barrel, STT 16” M-Lok handguards, a CMC 3.5 single stage match trigger, Magpul furniture with MBUS Pro sights, ambidextrous mag and bolt release, and much more. The new STT-15 will retail for $2,895 MSRP.
Below is the product description and full specs of the STT-15 6mm ARC.
The San Tan Tactical STT-15-6ARC rifles are a superb example of industry-leading technologies from companies pushing the envelope with a desire to achieve more! With the other wildcat caliber’s coming to market over the recent years, the recent 6.8 military requirement, all in an attempt to pursue the maximum output from the AR15 platform.
The Hornady 6 ARC cartridge combined with its variety of projectiles currently available allows a significant increase in capability above and beyond what is currently available in the AR15 platform. The capability to weight savings is seen in out STT-15-6ARC-Lite, the slick sided billet matched receiver set without signature lightning pillar cuts. Removing as much weight as possible without sacrificing strength and performance.
STT true matched pillar billet sets, hand-finished, matching serial numbers. The upper is cut from a single solid 7075T6 Certified Aerospace Aluminum. Propriety special burnished bore that gives a compacted internal surface, resulting in a much smoother surface finish. The bore, receiver extension face, barrel nut threads, and barrel extension surfaces are all machined in one operation ensuring that they are perfectly concentric and perpendicular to the barrel assembly.
STT Lower Features:
• Huge 1.38” Integrally Machined Magazine Well Flare
• Ambidextrous Quick Attach Detach Sling Swivel Points with Anti-Rotation Stops
• Ambidextrous Bolt Release
• Ambidextrous Magazine Release
• Bullet Pictogram Safety Selector Markings
• Set Screw Trigger Creep Adjustment
• Set Screw Upper Take Down Tension Adjustment
• Shooter Ready Finger Rest
• Oversized Winter Trigger Guard Perfect for Gloved Hands
• Dowel Screw Assembly
• Ultra-Grip Texture on All Controls
STT Upper Features:
• San Tan Tactical Truss Pockets for Increased Structural Rigidity
• Cut from a Single Billet 7075 -T6 Aerospace Grade Aluminum
• Shell Deflector
• Fully Assembled with Forward Assist & Ejection Port Cover
• Machined in T Markings for Easy Optic Relocation
• Machined with M4 Feed Ramps
• Machined to Mil-Spec Standards
• Interfaces with all AR15/M16/M4 Systems & Accessories
• Compatible with Multiple Rails, Anti-Rotation Tabs & Pins
• Compatible with All Known Battery Levers
• No Roll Pin Design – Forward Assist Attaches Via Threaded Dowel Pin
San Tan Tactical STT-15-6ARC Rifle Features:
• STT Suppressor Optimized Enhanced Bolt carrier group
• STT 6 ARC HPT MPI Bolt, Crane O-ring Upgrade
• Proof Research 18” Carbon Fiber 6ARC Barrel
• CMC Triggers 3.5lb Single Stage Match Trigger
• MagPul MOE plus Grip
• MagPul CTR Stock
• MagPul MBUS Pro
• STT 15 16” MLOK Rail
• Precision CNC machined from billet 7075-T6 certified aluminum
• Propriety special burnished bore that gives a compacted internal surface, resulting in a much smoother surface finish
• Type 3, class 2, deep black, hardcoat anodized black
• Features extended feed ramps
• Ambidextrous Mag and Bolt release controls (Ambi version only not Lite)
• CERAKOTE options are available for an additional cost
What do you think about new 6mm ARC round and SanTan Tactical’s New STT-15 6mm? Let us know in the comments below.
Thanks For Reading
If you enjoyed this post, hit that like button, share it a friend, and subscribe. If you have any suggestions, ideas, or comments. Please feel free to drop a comment. Be Humble. Train until only savagery remains and stay deadly ladies and gents.